Unique selection of Ingredients, Chemicals, Specialty Surfactants melt and pour soaps and supplies for do-it-yourself chemists, hobbyists, and crafters
25 Kg / 55 Lb
CAS number 298-14-6
Use pulldown menu to choose size
Appearance White granular powder
Potassium Bicarbonate is often used as a substitute for Sodium Bicarbonate.
Used as a base in foods to regulate PH. Also used in leavening during baking.
- A strong buffer with mild alkalinity
- Less caustic than carbonates and hydroxides
- Gentle reactivity for controlled neutralization
- Thermal stability up to 350º F
- Water soluble
- Dissolves quickly
- A convenient source of carbon dioxide in baking applications
- A corrosion inhibitor
- A convenient source of potassium
Used in -
Agriculture to enhance soil
Reduces the loss of cations in
acidic or neutral soils and
increases the action of phosphate
Corrects soil pH, reduces acidity
Wine Making / Winemaking
Household Odor Remover
Food Additive for fizzing
Used in some hair and skin care formulations
Another interesting use for Potassium Bicarbonate that has been cited is for organic control of Black Spot on plants - mainly. Sodium Bicarbonate is often used with success, but if the sodium levels build up the Black Rot may become immune to it. Try Switching to Potassium bicarbonate.
* SHIPPING - Ships UPS Ground
Need help? (888) 583-7738
Thanks for your business!
Click for SaveonCitric VIP Newsletter SignUp